The Smart Training Choice
The Alpha Trainer combines performance and efficiency making it the perfect flight training aircraft. Through modern aerodynamic design and high-tech manufacturing, the Alpha Trainer provides superb performance and flight characteristics with low operating costs thanks to its fuel-efficiencies. Built by design the Alpha Trainer comes equipped with all the essential features expected for flight training including a strong durable undercarriage, and gentle flight characteristics. Suitable for entry level flight training and experienced aviators the Alpha Trainer offers a quiet, comfortable cabin with easy access and is a comfortable learning environment for students. Operated throughout the world in some of the harshest conditions the Alpha Trainer is a trusted and proven trainer backed by Pipistrel’s service and support network.
Innovation & Sustainability
Innovation and sustainability is core to Pipistrel’s DNA. The Alpha Trainer’s design was influenced with this in mind providing fuel-efficient aerodynamic performance while minimizing the environmental impact on flight.
why alpha trainer?
Safety As Standard
- LSA certified and fully approved for Day/Night VFR operations with benign stall characteristics and safety built as standard.
- Equipped with a Ballistic parachute rescue system offering peace of mind.
- Proven track record training thousands of pilots across the world with a strong robust design.
- Low cost to purchase and operate, the Alpha Trainer is the perfect compromise between performance and price.
- Simple design with low maintenance costs backed by Pipistrel’s Global distribution network for sales and service worldwide.
- Built by design to provide value for flight schools making flight training more accessible to all.
Technical Data Pipistrel Alpha Trainer
A simple, yet complete flying solution!
Alpha Trainer represents a special concept of economic training for pilots. Built on the solid pedigree of our extensive Sinus and Virus models product line-up, the Alpha Trainer combines quality with an affordable price. It offers convenient flying with no performance set-backs; it is an efficient two-seat composite aircraft, which combines Pipistrel’s competitive advantages, high-tech manufacturing and ease of use. Powered by the Rotax 912 80 HP engine it burns less than 9.5 litres (2.5 US gal) of ordinary mogas fuel per hour in the training role perfoming circuits. It is suitable for beginners as well as for seniors, having an easy cockpit access. The cockpit is spacious, quiet and offers perfect communication between instructor and student. To tolerate student pilots we have built in a strong and durable undercarriage, capable of accepting hard landings with good absorption.
The Alpha Trainer is the perfect robust aircraft, easy to fly, repair and maintain without breaking the bank. At the moment more than 500 Alpha Trainers are used all over the World, resisting also in the harshest conditions and used by civil and military Flight Academies, often flying 5-8 hours every day. By selecting some optional equipment with exciting features the Alpha Trainer can offer significant upgrades to your flying activity.
The complete Alpha Trainer solution with its low operation cost, highly efficient performance and great value for money relation brings a top competitive product when considering new training aircraft offers.
It is important to highlight Alpha Trainer key outstanding characteristics:
- It is approved for stalls demonstration and has benign stall characteristics for the training market with no flying surprises
- It is capable of doing circuits all day long, in all conditions including excessive heat well above 100°F (37°C)
- It has good ventilation and heating when required
- It has approved strobes and lighting
- It has guaranteed access to reliable spare parts supply to keep the aircraft on the flight line
- It has reasonable range for cross-country flight training
- It is easy to refuel and service daily
- It has a ballistic parachute rescue system as standard equipment
- It has a durable finish for outdoor storage
- It has good brakes for the odd ‘urgent occasion’
- It has dual flight controls, easy and quickly adjustable for different sized people
- It has a classic-looking instrument panel
- It has an expected long operating life
- It has tricycle landing gear configuration with a steerable nose wheel
Technical Data Pipistrel Alpha Trainer
|ENGINE ROTAX||ROTAX 912 UL|
|max power||80 hp at 5800 rpm|
|PROPELLER||Fixed pitch wooden 63″/ 1620 mm diameter propeller with protected leading edge|
|wing span||34,4 ft. (10,5 m)|
|length||21.33 ft. (6.5 m)|
|height||6.07 ft. (2.05 m)|
|wing area||96.6 sqft (9.51 m2)|
|rudder area||11.8 sqft (1.1 m2)|
|tail area||11.6 sqft (1.08 m2)|
|positive flaps||0°, 15°, 25°|
|center of gravity||20% – 38% MAC|
|empty weight||615 lbs (279 kg)|
|max take off weight (MTOW)||1212 lbs (550 kg)|
|Payload with full fuel||507 lbs (230 kg)|
|fuel tanks capacity||13,2 US gal (50 l)|
|useful fuel||12,7 US gal (48 l)|
|Data Published for MTOW 1,212 lbs All speeds in Knots|
|stall with flaps||37 kts|
|stall without flaps||43 kts|
|cruising speed (75% power)||108 kts|
|maximum horizontal speed at sea level||120 kts|
|max speed with flaps down||70 kts|
|manoeuvring speed||86 kts|
|best climb speed||75 kts|
|max climb rate||1,220 fpm|
|best glide ratio speed||64 kts|
|take off run||459 feet|
|take off over 50′ obstacle||738 feet|
|service ceiling||18,000 feet|
|45°-45° roll time||2.6 sec|
|fuel consumption at cruise speed||3.6 US gph (13.6 lph)|
|endurance (with 30 min reserve)||3.1 hours|
|cruise range distance||324 NM (600 km)|
|max load factor permitted @ (1.875)||+4g -2g|
|design safety factors & tested||minimum 1.875|
Note: Pipistrel reserves the right to revise this data sheet whenever occasioned by product improvement, government/authority regulations or other good cause.
Being familiar with the aircraft manuals makes your flying much safer and more efficient. Pipistrel Technical Publication Portal is your central location to find all manuals and service information in a single spot.
Browse by content, maximum takeoff weight, category, or model name. A search function () is also available in the upper right corner of the Technical Publication Portal interface.
“Please log in using username: guest, password: guest”
Alpha Trainer ICAO designator: PIAT