Pipistrel, one of the recent Textron acquisition, is writing the future of aviation by developing and delivering cutting-edge solutions, which are personalised, safe, environmentally friendly and enable affordable ways of flying to everyone.
For the company Pipistrel Vertical Solutions d.o.o. we are looking for test engineers to join the Pipistrel team. As a test engineer in flight physics and simulations department you will be involved in ground testing of different powertrains, design, manufacturing, and set-up of test benches, you will have the opportunity to work on internal, commercial and EU projects, and will be involved in collaborations with the rest of the departments. Daily tasks will include:
- ground tests of different powertrains, cooling systems, propellers, etc.,
- design, manufacturing, and set-up of test benches,
- the complete testing workflow: planning and setting up the tests, obtaining the results, postprocessing the results and writing the report and other documentation,
- many different types of aircraft (electric, hydrogen and internal combustion engine powered; prototypes and serial production; fixed wing aircrafts and VTOLs),
- internal, commercial and EU projects,
- intense collaboration with the rest of the departments and cooperants.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- Education in mechanical/electrical or other technical discipline,
- extensive hands-on experience,
- knowledge in electrical and mechanical systems,
- 3 years of work experience in a similar job position,
- excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills, precise and patient character,
- proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision,
- strong ability to think out of the box,
- hands-on attitude,
- passive knowledge of English,
- experience with 3D engineering design tools (preferably SolidWorks).
What do we offer?
- Permanent and full-time employment, with an evaluation period,
- flexible working hours,
- dynamic and interesting teamwork in a young team,
- working for a creative and ambitious international company,
- access to unique knowledge, aviation information and professional training resources,
- opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We invite you to introduce yourself through our portal: https://cloud.pipistrel.si/application/ through 26th July 2022 (CV must be added to your application).