Pipistrel, one of the recent Textron acquisition, is writing the future of aviation by developing and delivering cutting-edge solutions, which are personalised, safe, environmentally friendly and enable affordable ways of flying to everyone.
For the company Pipistrel Vertical Solutions d.o.o. we are looking for test engineers/technicians to join the Energy Storage Systems development team. The team is expanding particularly in the area of battery systems engineering, which plays a crucial role in the development of all-electric and hybrid aircraft. Daily tasks will include:
- assemble batteries into carriers for testing, characterization, and qualification,
- assembling cells into test fixtures, connecting them to battery cyclers,
- place loaded fixtures into test stations,
- operating semi-automated test stations and taking care of their maintenance,
- load and unload carriers from/to thermal chambers,
- perform mechanical and electrical measurements on test subjects,
- communicate issues observed in samples, process, or documentation to supervisors,
- adhere to safety protocol and guidelines,
- support failure analysis efforts, as guided by engineers,
- identify issues during testing, reporting to supervisors and suggesting improvements to current designs,
- job duties may require additional work like assisting in organizing of inventory and warehouse.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- A degree in technical fields,
- understanding of engineering/applied science concepts,
- ability to follow documented procedures and give feedback on existing or missing procedures,
- experienced in handling of Lithium-ion batteries is preferred but not essential,
- knowledge of scripting languages like Python is desired, but not required,
- possess a high level of attention to details,
- ability to work efficiently in a team,
- experience with MS Office,
- passive knowledge of English.
What do we offer?
- Permanent and full-time employment, with an evaluation period,
- flexible working hours,
- dynamic and interesting teamwork in a young team,
- working for a creative and ambitious international company,
- access to unique knowledge, aviation information and professional training resources,
- opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We invite you to introduce yourself through our portal: https://cloud.pipistrel.si/application/ through 30th September 2022 (CV must be added to your application).