Pipistrel, one of the recent Textron acquisition, is writing the future of aviation by developing and delivering cutting-edge solutions, which are personalised, safe, environmentally friendly and enable affordable ways of flying to everyone.
For the company Pipistrel Vertical Solutions d.o.o. we are looking for senior engineer to lead the development of Ground Control Station (GCS) concepts for our Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) products. In your role, you will lead the development of the ground-based systems infrastructure that allow the operation and flight testing of UAS, from its conception to its implementation, integration, and on-field deployment in close collaboration with the flight test team. Main tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Define GCS system architecture based on product requirements and concept of operation (CONOPS),
- define requirements related to the functional, environmental and performance GCS aspects (both hardware and software),
- lead the Human-Machine Interface (HMI) definition according to Human Factors standards and product requirements,
- collaborate with the flight test team to define and implement system functions necessary to support flight test operations,
- oversee the GCS HW/SW integration, testing, and on-field deployment during flight operations,
- manage the relationship with suppliers,
- lead training activities for flight operations personnel.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- A university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline relevant to the job profile (e.g., aerospace, telecommunications, electronics, or equivalent),
- previous relevant experience (indicatively 3-5 years) in aerospace system development, integration, and testing, preferably in unmanned aviation,
- previous experience with datalink systems and HMI development is desirable,
- can produce results independently reporting directly to the product development leadership,
- possess outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills,
- has the capability to write accurate, concise, focused, and consistent technical documentation and reports.
What do we offer?
- Permanent and full-time employment, with an evaluation period,
- flexible working hours,
- dynamic and interesting teamwork in a young team,
- working for a creative and ambitious international company,
- access to unique knowledge, aviation information and professional training resources,
- opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We invite you to introduce yourself through our portal: https://cloud.pipistrel.si/application/ through 23rd September 2022 (CV must be added to your application).