Pipistrel Vertical Solutions d.o.o. is looking for
Structural Analysis Engineer-senior (Engineer 2) in Flight Physics and Simulation Dep.
to join our research & development team in Slovenija (Ajdovščina)
We are looking for an avid Structural Analysis Engineer in the Flight Physics and Simulations department to join our rapidly growing team. As a member of our design organization (DO), you will research/generate:
- diverse work on many different types of aircraft (piston engine, electric, VTOL)
- conceptual structural design on new aircraft
- detailed design, laminate sizing and optimization of structural components: wings, fuselages, propellers, undercarriage, engine mounts, etc.
- creation and analysis of detailed FEM models, including large assembly models
- preparation of documentation (simulation results, calculation procedures, testing, reports, software documentation, project deliverables, etc.)
- intense collaboration with the systems and structures department, prototyping, electrical and other
- maintaining and developing new in-house developed code and algorithms for structural optimization and task automation in FEA environment
Our ideal candidate has:
- degree in aerospace/mechanical or a similar discipline
- strong hand calculation abilities and FEA experience (knowledge of ABAQUS is preferred)
- understanding of statics, dynamics and structural integrity
- 4 years of work experience in the field of structural simulations, including natural frequencies, buckling stability, contacts, and other geometrically nonlinear analyses (experience with numerical flutter analyses is a plus)
- experience with testing and validation of FEM models
- collaboration, excellent problem solving and communication skills, precise and patient character
- knowledge of aviation institution processes (EASA, FAA, CAA etc.) and regulations (Part 23, Part 27)
- experience with structural certification based on CS-23
- strong ability to think out of the box
- hands-on attitude
- understanding of programming languages (preferably Python)
- fluent English language skills
What do we offer?
- interesting job full of unique challenges at Pipistrel headquarters in Ajdovščina (Slovenija)
- great team of fellow engineers and a chance to work in an international environment
- funds for professional training
- competitive salary based on your experience and work results
- relocation assistance (offering administrative and documentation support for visa application process)
- we are offering a long-term project work with an evaluation term of 3 months and flexible working hours
Since Pipistrel Vertical Solutions is a multicultural company, we welcome people from all over the world.
|We invite you to introduce yourself through our portal:
https://cloud.pipistrel.si/application/ through 7th December 2020
(CV must be added to your application – we would be glad to receive it in English language).
Who we are?
Pipistrel is a 30 years old aviation company based in Slovenia. With more than 200 employees in Slovenia, Italy and China we are one of the largest producers (over 200 aircraft per year) in the small aircraft segment worldwide. With two electric powered aircraft types (Taurus Electro and Alpha Electro) already on the market we are the key driver in the sector of electric aviation, and Velis Electro is world’s first electric powered airplane to receive a Type Certificate (EASA.A.573 TCDS).
What do we do?
In addition to our aircraft production we also have large research department which provides innovations to our own company and on-demand R&D services to other customers worldwide. The department covers areas from aerodynamics, mechanics, electronics and software up to flight testing. We have successfully completed EU funded research project related to hybrid propulsion systems and we are finalizing our first flying aircraft with hybrid propulsion system, as well as actively developing eVTOL solutions.