Pipistrel, one of the recent Textron acquisition, is writing the future of aviation by developing and delivering cutting-edge solutions, which are personalised, safe, environmentally friendly and enable affordable ways of flying to everyone.
For the company Pipistrel Vertical Solutions d.o.o. we are looking for senior aircraft structural engineer to become part of the Pipistrel team. As an engineer, you will be involved in preparation of structural documentation and analysis in support of aircraft modifications, checking drawings, modifications, and other appropriate company documents. Main tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the requisite structural design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with the Design Organisation Handbook.
- Liaison with all other technical specifications within the Design Organisation to produce coherent and comprehensive design solutions from concept to delivery.
- Preparation of structural documentation and analysis in support of aircraft modifications.
- Check drawings, modifications, and other appropriate Company documents within the scope of authority of their individual approval, as promulgated in the Design Organisation Handbook.
- Act as a CVE within the scope of individual approval or work towards attaining that status.
- Analyse and decide on courses of action for occurrences, production events and customer.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- A degree in aeronautics, mechanical engineering, stress analysis, structural engineering or physics, or extensive years related industrial experience would be essential for this role.
- Experience in an aerospace design office is essential for the success of this role.
- Detailed knowledge of structural design on GA Aircraft.
- Structural analysis software experience.
- IT competent (i.e., Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and Visio etc.).
- A working knowledge of Part-21 Design Organisation would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of current airworthiness requirements (e.g., CS, FAR etc).
- Previous roles producing mechanical designs for Aircraft would be an ideal background for the right candidate but there could be flexibility.
- A positive attitude & enthusiastic to work in growing company.
- Proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of Structural Design would be essential but detailed knowledge of structural design on GA Aircraft would be most desirable.
- Structural analysis software experience would be beneficial but IT competency is essential.
What do we offer?
- Permanent and full-time employment, with an evaluation period.
- Flexible working hours.
- Dynamic and interesting teamwork in a young team.
- Working for a creative and ambitious international company.
- Access to unique knowledge, aviation information and professional training resources.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We invite you to introduce yourself through our portal: https://cloud.pipistrel.si/application/ through 15th August 2022 (CV must be added to your application).