Project description: We participated in project »The Innovative benchmark technology for aircraft engineering design and efficient design phase optimisation« as project partners, together with 7 other partners. Project coordinator was Rina Consulting spa.
RBF4AERO project made the CFD model parametric through an innovative shape optimisation tool based on a high-performance meshless morphing technique. This technique was founded on Radial Basis Functions (RBF) theoretical approach which offers a number of distinct advantages over the more traditional optimisation approaches. This new optimisation methodology guarantees very fast and highly detailed CFD optimisation analyses such to significantly reduce costs of optimisation of aircraft aerodynamics without losing accuracy or domain extent.
- RINA CONSULTING SPA (coordinator)
- HELLENIC AEROSPACE INDUSTRY SA
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA TOR VERGATA
- NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS – NTUA
- PIAGGIO AERO INDUSTRIES SPA
- TUSAS MOTOR SANAYI AS
- INSTITUT VON KARMAN DE DYNAMIQUE DES FLUIDES
- CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE
This project has received funding from the European Union Seventh Framework Programme under grant agreement No 605396.
1.9.2013 – 31.8.2016
Role in the consortium