Pipistrel, one of the recent Textron acquisition, is writing the future of aviation by developing and delivering cutting-edge solutions, which are personalised, safe, environmentally friendly and enable affordable ways of flying to everyone.
For the company Pipistrel Vertical Solutions d.o.o. we are looking for modelling and simulation engineer to join the Energy Storage Systems development team. The team is expanding particularly in the area of battery systems engineering, which plays a crucial role in the development of all-electric and hybrid aircraft. Daily tasks will include:
- develop physics-based and data driven based models of lithium-ion batteries under different operating conditions based on test data,
- develop robust battery models to predict cell behaviour including but not necessarily limited to rate performance, life degradation, calendar aging and thermal response, and safety related behaviour,
- formulate and supervise designs of experiments to acquire sufficient data to validate, and test the battery models,
- work on battery estimation algorithms and models regarding SOC, SOH, impedance, and performance limitation under given operating conditions,
- work with cross-functional teams to develop, implement, test, and maintain your model,
- collaborate with battery team to determine and achieve battery performance and lifetime targets.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- MSc or higher degree in Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar fields,
- experienced in creating physics-based and data driven models,
- high level of mathematical and advanced data process and analysis capabilities,
- skills in code developing tools such as MATLAB desired, but not required,
- experience with electric powertrains and battery systems highly desirable, but not required,
- comfortable with complex problem solving,
- ability to work efficiently in a team,
- proficiency in MS Office / Teams products,
- fluent English language communication skills.
What do we offer?
- Permanent and full-time employment, with an evaluation period,
- flexible working hours,
- dynamic and interesting teamwork in a young team,
- working for a creative and ambitious international company,
- access to unique knowledge, aviation information and professional training resources,
- opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We invite you to introduce yourself through our portal: https://cloud.pipistrel.si/application/ through 30th September 2022 (CV must be added to your application).